Terms and Conditions
- LDC Radio
LDC Radio is owned and operated by Leeds Dance Community Radio Ltd, which is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee without a share capital, registered in England and Wales at 40 Roseville Road, Leeds, LS8 5DR.
LDC Radio, utilising the support and services of its affiliates and partners, aims to sustain and operate a radio station called LDC Radio, which broadcasts under a community radio licence to the City of Leeds on FM across Leeds and online via its website. The company’s remit is to operate the station to meet its social gain objectives as laid out by Ofcom under the Community Radio Order 2004, as well as other community-focused commitments and obligations under the terms of its broadcasting licence. The station was awarded a licence in 2018 (due to start broadcasting in Sept 2019).
LDC Radio takes all complaints very seriously. If you have a complaint about anything you have heard on-air, please email us at: email@example.com
Please note that for us to respond to your formal complaint, you must include your full name and a valid e-mail address. Complaints submitted via post must include your full name and postal address. We aim to investigate and respond to all formal complaints within 28 days.
Your access to and use of www.ldcradio.co.uk (”the Website”) is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
LDC Radio reserves the right to:
- i) change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that www.ldcradio.co.uk shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and
- ii) change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Some online services, such as audio streaming, are provided by third party suppliers and while we seek to keep such services operational, at times this may not be under our control. Any link to other websites or third party service is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites or services.
- i) All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the website) are owned by or licensed to www.ldcradio.co.uk or otherwise used by www.ldcradio.co.uk as permitted by law.
- ii) By supplying any images, video or creative to LDC Radio you are responsible for having gained appropriate permissions or are the authorizer of use of copyrighted material. Any material found to be in breach of copyright will be removed from the website. LDC Radio will not be responsible for any supplied images being in breach or copyright – it will lie with the supplier of said materials.
iii) In accessing the website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- i) The Website is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- ii) To the extent permitted by law, www.ldcradio.co.uk will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation, loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
iii) www.ldcradio.co.uk makes no warranty that the functionality of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
- iv) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of www.thebridgeradio.net for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of www.ldcradio.co.uk or that of its employees or agents.
You agree to indemnify and hold www.ldcradio.co.uk and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against www.ldcradio.co.uk arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be.
Some cookies on this site are essential and the site won’t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links. We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. If you’re not happy with this, we won’t set these cookies but some features of the site may be unavailable.
- LISTEN LIVE
You can listen live to LDC Radio via our online stream by clicking the Listen button on or website.
Our default online stream runs in stereo MP3 format at 128kbps. You will need a broadband connection to be able to listen to this stream. If you listen to the stream on a mobile device, you can also make use of a mobile stream which is a lower bit-rate to avoid using as much mobile data.
- DATA PROTECTION
Information you provide when you contact LDC Radio, is only used by LDC Radio and is not distributed to other agencies or partners, unless explicitly advertised at the time we request it. We may use this information to seek your views and opinions and carry our market research, analysis and reviews on LDC Radio and to inform you of any news concerning LDC Radio – this is generally (but not exclusively) done through our mailing list system. Unless you stipulate otherwise (or reactively unsubscribe) then we will add your email address to our database when you contact us and you will receive periodic emails in this way. Our mailing list is managed through MailChimp, an industry standard, secure service used by numerous companies throughout the world. More information can be found at mailchimp.com. If, at any time, you want to stop receiving emails, MailChimp provide an ‘unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of mail-shots.
LDC Radio is a Community Radio station and seeks to engage and participate with communities. If you have any queries concerning Data Protection please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that for us to respond to your enquiry, you must include your full name and a valid e-mail address. Enquiries submitted via post (address on our ‘contact’ page) must include your full name and postal address. We aim to investigate and respond to all Data Protection enquiries within 28 days.
- COMPETITIONS BROADCAST ON LDC RADIO OR MADE AVAILABLE ON ITS OFFICIAL ONLINE CHANNELS
The competition terms and conditions (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) which can be found at apply to all competitions broadcast on the radio station LDC Radio, which is a trading name of Leeds Dance Community Radio Ltd. (Competitions are individually referred to as “the Competition”.)
From time to time, individual competitions may have different or additional rules (referred to as the “Competition Rules”). In these instances, those rules will be published separately and made available alongside the terms and conditions. Any Competition Rules which alter the standard terms and conditions will automatically take precedence over, and supersede, any part of the Competition Terms and Conditions in the event of any contradiction or ambiguity.
Anyone who enters the Competition (a “Contestant”) will be deemed to have understood the Terms and Conditions and, where relevant, the Competition Rules and will be bound by them.
Copies of the Competition Terms and Conditions and, where applicable, Competition Rules are available online or on request by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to Competitions, LDC Radio, 40 Roseville Road, Leeds, LS8 5DR. You should also provide a covering letter explaining which competition you require information about.